Summer 2021 Association to Preserve Cape Cod Test Results for Long Pond
September 20 test results at Long Pond Farms Association Beach:
Cyanobacteria levels remain high, with an APCC status of "High Warning".
The water temperature has declined to 73.6 degrees.
Testing has concluded at Locations 1, 2 & 3. The Town will continue testing at Long Pond Farms Association Beach through the end of September.
A Town of Barnstable "CLOSURE" designation is based on
a mixture of qualitative and quantitative data,
including any or all of the following:
- Toxin levels above 10 parts per billion
- > 70,000 cyanobacteria cells/mL (MADPH)
- PC insitu bloom forming cyanobacteria >450 ug/l
- toxic cyanobacteria have collected and formed a scum on shore,
or a thick film on the surface,
- bloom may look like paint in the water, and/or
- the pond show extreme discoloration.
Higher risk for babies and small children.
Moderate health risk for adults.
Highest risk for pets.
Minimum 2 week period of monitoring before lifting closure.